Thursday, October 08, 2009

Kelly's Tour - Tailgating

This week on Kelly's Tour, it is Show Us Your Tailgates. Although, I posted these same pictures a few weeks ago, I will participate anyway! It was Livi's first one and, well... I think my first one too! ha!!
I am not a big football fan. I know- OMG! But, my husband is. Actually calling him a "football fan" is an understatement. "Fanatic" is more like it. His favorite college team is the University of Texas Longhorns and his fav pro team..well, hmmm..., probably the Houston Texans. He is from the Houston area, but hasn't really grown to love the team until the last 5-7 years or so. (More on the Texans below!)


So, I MYSELF am not into football season. But because my love loves it, it always seems I get roped into it some how. But I don't mind cause I enjoy spending time with him and Liv, no matter what we do. Aww! I know! Aren't I just the sweet wife or what!? Oh... the things I do for him.. :)

So a few weeks ago, we were able to stop by a UT tailgate owned (or 'run'?) by some friends of ours. Shaye and Brian have an awesome tailgate, complete with a flat screen tv and everything. We were actually on our way to the park with Olivia that day and last minute decided to stop by. We ended up staying a little while and so for those of you who are wondering, that is why Olivia isn't decked out in UT garb. But nontheless...

And the Houston Texans!? Get this! New Years 2005/06, Anthony had an amazing opportunity through a few connections to travel WITH the Texans (on their plane and everything) as a part of a corporate sponsored trip. The game was against San Francisco 49ers, so where else were we traveling other than San Francisco - for NEW YEARS! Anthony wasn't going to have me accompany him at first, since I am not a football fan, but this trip was so much bigger than football! So I made him bring me! Other sponsors who traveled with us were Coca-Cola and Ford.

A few highlights from that trip were this: meeting in the team locker room area to depart, then having police escorts for our bus on the way to the airport, and then as we boarded the plane, we were given Chick-Fil-A sandwiches for (what we thought was) our on flight meal service. But, no! It was just an appetizer of what was to come. Next thing we know is, they are asking us if we'd prefer the Filet Mignon or Lobster dinner. What!? Filet Mignon, please. Watching the team board the plane, David Carr, that was fun! And later, coming around with hot towels and a basket FILLED with candy bars and ice cream for dessert. Then on New Years Eve, just so happening to be joining the same group that the Texans marketing director was in and him totally picking up our dinner. Walking past the Golden Gate bridge all lit up and beautiful while watching New Year fireworks display above. Being presented with field passes for our enjoyment before the game begun and then upon our exit and last meeting with the group before the game, being given a "Thank You" goodie bag that was filled with Texan memoribilia, one of which a set of binoculars- and Anthony and I are thinking "you're thanking US?"

So, I was trying to search for pictures from this event and I am kicking myself that I really don't think I ever uploaded them to this computer. They were on my old camera, which is now kaput. But my dear husband sent the one of us on field before the game above. So even though this isn't exactly about tailgating, it's about football! And thought I'd share! :)




post signature

m

8 comments:

Ashley said...

What an awesome experience!

Heather said...

Cute pics!! You have a beautiful family!

kimberly t. bowling said...

Now that's a story to tell, for sure! Sounds like a WONDERFUL time! Memories to last a lifetime.

Bernie said...

Love the pictures and your blog. I posted about the Longhorns today too.

Warmly,

Bernie

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Great post and beautiful blog....Will be back often... Had a few minutes to blog hop and loved your blog. I have a great giveaway on both my blogs that will be given away this weekend....and all you have to do is comment.......so hope you will stop by.
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

Shoshanah said...

That new years trip sounds like such an amazing experience! I'm glad your husband decided to take you along after all!

Kelly @ turned UP to ELEVEN! said...

How fun - that would be an amazing New Years! Tailgating is always a great thing. I've never been to an official tailgate party - I just pretend my living room is a parking lot and make tons of fun food for my friends! :)

Kelly said...

I just wanted to stop by and tell you about my cool giveaway........a peronalize wine glass *you chose what you want on it* hope you stop by and enter......good luck

have a great one