Friday, October 16, 2009

A Girl's Day by Livi

Livi here! My mommy and I had the best day together! She took me to a downtown area of Austin called Auditorium Shores where I got to see so many sights! I saw lots of doggies playing, in the water and with each other. I liked it a lot cause Roxie doesn't play like they do- she can be a little bit lazy and now that I'm getting older, she doesn't really care to play or be around me anyway.

It was cool cause then, I got to sit in the stroller as momma pushed me around- I didn't even have to walk! That's the life- I tell ya! Then we went to this neat place where there was water shooting out of the ground. Mom set up a blanket, put me on it and fed me the picnic lunch she packed for us while I watched the water. It was extra special too, cause she even let me try a peanut butter & honey sandwich! I liked it sooooo much, that I hummed and did a jig with each bite she gave me! I also ate a banana, a baggy of cubed up cheese and a whole box of raisins. I was eyeing her Nacho Doritos too, but she didn't look like she wanted to share.

There was this pesky black bird that kept coming around, wanting our goodies, so I told momma I would share just two cubes of cheese and the banana that fell outta my mouth and touched the floor, oh and two raisins. He seemed scared of us anyway and a good thing, cause I wasn't planning to share any more than that. I know he gobbled it up after we left (minus one cube of cheese since I "rediscovered" while I was playing and forgot I left it for him, yes, off the ground).

Then after I got done eating, I wanted to explore the water that kept shooting up outta the ground. I've never seen anything like it! I kept getting trapped between the fountains.. I'd turn around and one would be shooting up, I'd get scared, turn around and another would shoot up. It was hilarious though, I laughed, but mom laughed harder. It was a nice day, but the wind made it a little chilly. I didn't get too wet; plus, mom had some dry clothes for me to ride home in. I don't remember getting home, I fell right asleep in the car cause I just had the best time.

I love the time I have with my momma. It's so special to me. I hope we have more picnic outings together- they're (so far) the best!

post signature

No comments: