Saturday, March 02, 2013

Discovering at Home - Letter N

I've enjoyed supplementing Liv's preschool curriculum at home on her off days. This past week, she studied the letter N, number 7, shape diamond, and all things western and Rodeo. Here are some of our fun activities! Lilah just loved being apart of the action too!

An extension of our sensory (smelling) activity was the sensory tub filled with colored rice, beans, Noodles, and oats. They enjoyed playing in it and using their play kitchen bowls and spoons. I tried to not worry about the mess, note the broom is sitting very close by in the picture- ha! I capitalized on Livi wanting to help sweep, what a wonderful extension lesson to learn how to do an everyday chore. Never too early to learn! And look at that form she posseses- ha!  

Then for lunch, I served butter Noodles along with their lunches. They loved them! Livi also enjoyed doing a number recognition game for her math portion (I failed to get a picture of that). They had a wonderful time! I also did too. My mind was spinning with all the Nn ideas. It was also spinning with trying to juggle at that, and three kids, one of which has been extremely gassy!

  We did Do-A-Dot Nn pages, we watched a little video on baby birds being hatched in their nests, and then built our own nest for Lilah and Camille out of pillows. Livi and I were the mommy birds taking care of our baby birds.

We read The Nose Book and learned about our noses and how without them, we wouldn't be able to smell nor would we have anywhere for our glasses to sit- ha! I blind folded the girls and we did a sensory activity where I let them smell a food item, and try to guess what it was. They didn't much like not being able to see, and we had some cheaters... :).

Liv got to go to the Rodeo with her daddy and cousins and was so excited to get all decked out in her western wear. Last weekend, her pre-k put on their annual Chili Cook-off Fundraiser and the girls got boots and outfits from their grandparents. Even little Camille got dressed up.  They had a ball. Part of the fun of being a parent is 'watching' them have a ball. Makes it that much more fun for us as their parents!  (I have no idea what's wrong with my pictures. Sorry!)

















   
 
post signature

No comments: