Getting ready for the holidays means lots of baking yummy treats! Olivia is going to be quite the cook one day. She has really enjoyed just sitting on the island watching me bake or cook. The other day, I made a batch of pumpkin bread and I let her pour in some of the dry ingredients as I was mixing them together. She really enjoyed me letting her be involved and I am so excited that one day next year, we will be making gingerbread cookies together! I just can't wait.
We made a trip to the mall to finish up our shopping, and here are a few sweet ones I shot. One of Livi and her best buddy and one of her on a gorgeous horse in Pottery Barn (hopefully you know which is which), which by the way, she threw a little fit when it was time to get off of it! It was, the prettiest pony, I have ever seen thus far!


Then, I saw a Regis and Kelly show before Thanksgiving where Kelly cooked up Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Butternut Squash and Chestnuts that looked and sounded delish and I had to try it. You can find it here. So, a few days ago, I decided to make it and see how Livi and I liked it. Here it is before cooking.
And after.
And here is Livi trying it.
This weekend, we are out of town to do Christmas with Anthony's side. On Monday, I turn right back around and leave to West TX. So, this may (or may not) be the last post for a while. If so, here's to an extra lovely Christmas season with those closest to us!

4 comments:
How precious that you let her help you cook! :)
I love cooking with Naomi. She just feels so proud when it's done, and if it's for someone else, she wont' stop talking about it. I hope you guys continue that. Hint, get yourself a nice sturdy stepping stool for when she gets taller!
Your father would like to try some of the Roasted Brussel Sprouts....Hint hint!
Mmmm brussel sprouts! I can't wait to try this recipe! I know Gavin won't eat it because he hates every vegetable at this age. Or he thinks he does...he won't even unclench his teeth long enough to try. Houston's has some gooood ones when it's the vegetable of the day, but I'm pretty sure there's some bacon and brown sugar in their recipe or something. :)
Post a Comment