A life with lists is a happy life! I notice how much more focused I am with lists. Last week and this, on Monday morning, I made lists. Lists for lots of things like simple to-dos, grocery lists, our week of meals list, things I need Anthony to do...etc. Then at the beginning of each day, I have gone through and chosen a few things- usually 5-6 things that I focus on getting accomplish that day. And wow! It actually works. I focus only on those things for that day and my mind is less cluttered and more focused. This week's list is rather lengthy! Who said a stay at home mom did nothing or gets bored? Not me!
-clean out fridge (oh joy)
-clean out and reorganize pantry
- groceries!
-call Shark mop customer care (can't wait)
- put away Halloween decor
-iron and light laundry
- shred chicken and store homemade broth in freezer
-make rice krispies & ice cream (really can't wait!)
- repost table on craigslist
-clean inside & outside of oven
-pack Livi's clothes away (those that are now too small)
-activate new check card (yay for not having to use checks!)
-call pediatrician and pay balance
-put 2nd coat of paint of Livi's "project table" (more on this later)
-put together Livi's project table & set up space
-buy hair color
-color hair
And this is all in addition to the regular weekly duties (usually take place every other day or so) that include unloading dishwasher, wash cloth diapers, and then make three (sometimes more) meals a day & do their dishes, and fit in three jogs around the 'hood. I also enjoy taking Livi to the public library's story time, yoga and other errands around town. It's a good thing (well, not a good thing, but you get the idea) that she has a cold this week so I'm home bound anyway. I say that, but then again, I've had a sore throat the last few days and I hardly ever get sick, so tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment to attend. I also am trying to finish reading a book before it's due back at the library...so you can add all that to the list as well!
Whew! But out of all those things, I counted 9 things I've accomplished so far in the past two days. Pretty good I'd say. Speaking of, I need to get to it! There's a bunch to get done before it's time for bed! Now to my yummy warm tea to sooth my throat and mind, just in time for bed! Do you make lists?
As Livi and I were discussing this list topic earlier today, she shared with me what was on her list:
Feed Roxie. By hand.




1 comment:
I love lists! I need to be more specific and diligent with mine, though :)
Post a Comment