It's been rainy today. We hung around the house but had to hit the store for a few items. Tonight is homemade pizza night and I realized I ran out of yeast last week. Spice cake mix was on sale too, so I picked up a few of those! YUM! Anthony took my second loaf of pumpkin bread to work today (cause he didn't bring anything to their Thanksgiving potluck yesterday and after everyone gave him a hard time, he told them he would bring pumpkin bread today.. yea, my last loaf- man, it was good!), so I've got to make another pre-Thanksgiving holiday yum yum. Have you heard of spice cake ice cream? I had it once last year - am pretty sure it was at Amy's - but I honestly can't remember, since I was a sleep deprived zombie this time last year. I am definitely making sure we make a stop at Amy's sometime soon to (hopefully) get it again. Who knows, maybe I will try and make it!?After I bought two huge bags of organic apples at Sam's, I decided to make applesauce today. So, that's been in the slow cooker (because that's the only pot I have big enough for the amount I have) and I am waiting to decide how I plan on processing them since my food processor broke. I finished painting Olivia's project table earlier this morning and hope to put it together tonight or this weekend. And now, I need to come up with pizza toppings for tonight. I will let you know how it turned out. Both the table and the pizza.
With the nice cooler weather, I've been keeping my back door open more than usual (which is a lot cause it's usually open no matter what), and that makes for flies. Livi has really noticed us swatting at them and especially noticed Roxie chasing them. She also locks her little eyes on the dead two on my window sills when we go around in the morning to raise the blinds. Yes, I haven't picked/cleaned them up or whatever you want to call it. I don't know why, I'm not scared of dead flies. More like grossed out. Plus, Anthony killed them - he should clean them up - why does it gotta be me?? Ha! Anyway, Olivia notices them and today she went after one herself. I killed it, but she had fun chasing it around holding the swatter. Right before I killed it, I hit it mid-air and I guess I paralyzed it, cause it wasn't dead, but it somehow flew/fell into/onto me and Livi had a laugh watching me squeal through that ordeal. And just now, I looked over to see if it was still there on the floor. Nope. Gone. Roxie? Disgusting. (I had pictures but my camera isn't cooperating at the moment, so I will upload them when it decides to cooperate.. DaddyBob would be proud- haha!)
Here's how the pizza turned out: One batch of organic whole wheat pizza dough, split for two different pizzas. First, Classic cheese. Second, Mozzerella, caramelized onions, sauteed garlic, parmesan and fresh basil. The second was our favorite. And that was our Friday Funday.

1 comment:
Dude, that pizza looks GOOD. I'm coming over.
Post a Comment