Tuesday, August 04, 2009

That Mommy Instinct

This morning, Liv and I were reading and playing after breakfast. For her birthday, my mom gave her a Baby Stella. It's like a 'first doll', all soft cloth and has clothes (even a diaper) you can take on and off. Stella has a magnetic pacifier that attaches at her lips and a even little belly button. You can buy all the other accessories that go with it (a cradle, bottle, food...etc.), but we are holding off for now. Anyway, it was so cute watching Olivia just naturally love on her baby Stella and I am amazed that a girl as young as she already has that mommy instinct. When I told her her baby was crying and needed a paci, I helped her give her her paci and then watched as Olivia held Stella close and pat her back. That wasn't the first time she has done that, but I thought I would share my amazement with you all. Isn't is crazy how we girls are wired and how at the ripe old age of 1, females already have a motherly, nurturing instinct? I think that is so cool!

post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is amazing! I love watching my girls play with dolls! It's just precious! ;)

Amy said...

I love watching Abbye love on her "baby" too. It is so precious!