You can actually take it from an Intermediate level to Easy by simplifying some of the steps. For example, I roasted a Chicken last week and cut it up, saved the broth & stored in my fridge, so that step was done prior. I also bought refrigerated pie crusts (not frozen) & was able to omit this step as well. Then the only other prep that was left to do was cut up the onion and carrot. I added green beans & omitted the small onions & parsley to mine. Oh and I also cut the butter way back to about 1/2 a stick or 5 Tbsp. (cut down on broth as well to balance out... but not the cream!). This was delicious and will definitely be saved in my recipe rotation for future! I served rice and salad on the side.
Here is how I modified the recipe to fit our needs:
1 1/2 - 2 cups cubed chicken (from roasted chicken)
2 cups homemade chicken broth (fat drained off)
1 chicken bouillion cube
5 Tbsp. butter
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1/4 - 1/2 cups flour
1 cup diced carrots (about 2-3)
1 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup green beans
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 pkg. refrigerated pie dough
I would definitely recommend this recipe. Delicious!

1 comment:
Ooooh~ I love pot pie! I have never made it, but thanks for the recipe recommendation! :)
Post a Comment