Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Nosey Stuff

Last night, I was getting ready to turn in so I closed everything down downstairs, walked upstairs, and turned off the light next to Olivia's room. I was walking in the dark, but could hear Anthony's music playing from his I-Phone. As I kept walking (again, in the dark), I kept waiting, expecting to see the little light shine from his phone. Next thing I know, I turn my head to the side, again trying to find the light with my eyes thinking I'm in our room and WHAM! OF ALL THINGS, my NOSE slams into the side of the doorway and along with the loud noise, I feel a CRACK!

All I could say was, "Oh my goodness, oh my goodness, oh my goodness..!"
Anthony: "Are you OKAY?" WHAT!?"
Me: "Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness! I think I broke my nose!"
Anthony: "Are you serious!? That was your NOSE? Man, that was loud!"

After he WEB MD'd the symptoms for a broken nose, we came to the conclusion that it wasn't broken. Today, it is sore and looks a tad bruised. Man! I was hoping it was broken so I could get it fixed- ha! You see, I have quite a schnoz (or as Anthony calls it- a "beak") on me; one that isn't the smoothest. I don't really think I originally had a bump on my nose when I was little. I do remember one time fighting with my brother and him punching me in the nose and so I relate the bump I do have, to that incident. I'm probably more self-conscience about it than I need to be. Anyway, from what I hear, nose surgeries are pretty painful! Anyway, just thought I'd share that story!

But, I am curious. If you were given the opportunity to have your nose done (given you didn't like your nose for whatever reason) would you? And while you ponder... a sweet morsel!


post signature

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honestly I think your nose is great, not too big. You are your own worst critic, but if I had the opportunity (meaning if I had money in abundance that couldn't be better spent on the kids or something necessary)yes, I would have some "work" done. Not on my nose, but other areas of mine. ;)

Amy said...

Your nose is fine! If I had the money I wouldn't mind tweaking a few things but I am 100% sure that Charlie wouldn't let me.

Unknown said...

Don't you mess with that nose! Do you know how long it took to make it? Nine months if I remember correctly. I happen to think it's perfect!