Sunday, November 09, 2008
Prayer & A Prayer Request
I'd like to add one item to my list below. Let me preface with: I struggle with prayer. When I say struggle, I mean STRUGGLE. I think my problem comes from not being able to quiet my mind long enough to focus on praying and talking to God. I want so desperately to be better. I believe this is SO important but I must confess that I have alot of trouble with it. I'd like to solicit your prayers for me to focus on this in my spiritual life. I feel guilty when I think of my sweet Olivia and how I have not been praying for her. I feel guilty when I think of Anthony and our marriage and how I have not been praying for him or it. So, I want to put this at the top of my to do list. But not because I feel guilty, but because I really want to. I want the Lord to bless my baby and my husband because I can't even begin to tell you how dearly I love them. Thanks to Ashley and her 101 in 1001 and #54 on her list, I am inspired to put this at the top of my to-do list below. I hope you have a blessed week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I know a lot of people have the same struggle with focusing their minds on prayer. We are busy people. I took feel guilty when God reminds me that I have not shared with him in a long time. I find it easier to concentrate on prayer if I write it out. I use my journal as a way to pray. However, I still have trouble doing it consistently. You are in my prayers and remember that God knows your heart!
You're so sweet! Prayer is difficult for me too, I'll be honest. There's something about my OCD-nature and Type A personality...I get distracted! I'm only human. We can work on this together! And I'm so thankful that God meets us where we are and honors our prayers at any time of the day or night, no matter what we're doing :o)
Also, I made that list around the time I found out I was pregnant. I definitely don't think I'll get everything accomplished, and some are kind of lofty goals. But I needed a list (haha sound familiar?) of just goals. I was aiming high, so even if I don't get all of them done, I know I tried!
I update the list regularly, so keep looking at it...I may need your encouragement every now and then. I'm so glad that my feeble attempt at goal-making helped someone else. Have a wonderful day with sweet Olivia!
Oh how well I know these feelings of guilt over my spiritual life... or lack thereof. I want to echo what Jenny said and say that God knows your heart. God LOVES you so much with no conditions. And He loves Anthony and Olivia the same way. There is nothing that can take away that love.... especially nothing that we can do- or not do. I believe that God loves it when we come to Him in prayer. But I also believe that every loving act you do for your daughter or your husband God sees as a prayer of thankfulness and that in every frustration you have in your roles of wife and mother God hears your requests for patience and guidance and that everytime you do something you feel you shouldn't have God wraps you in His grace and forgiveness. He loves us to distraction and that is a guilt-removing, pressure-relieving gift of freedom!
so, I just realized that I may have sounded a little preachy.... sorry!
I too really struggle with this, but don't beat yourself up. Jenny and Marta are right. God knows your heart and he loves you unconditionally, whether you pray all the time or not.
Post a Comment