Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Hack-A-Shaq

Here is my lame attempt to post about sports! Are you ready? I have never been one who likes sports. I never played them in school, separate from what you were required to do in P.E. I do remember playing basketball with the neighbor kids, that I liked! Basketball is my "favorite" sport- to watch. Although since I have picked up tennis, tennis is my favorite sport- to play!

Right now, the Suns, my hometown team, are competing in the first of the NBA playoffs, against my neighboring city, San Antonio Spurs. This is most likely the Suns last game because they have lost every one against the Spurs, and this is their final chance. But if they win this game, they have to win each sub-sequential one in order to stay in it. So, likely not to happen, since they haven't even won one game! And here is part of the reason why...

Something that I found so funny (mind you- I don't really keep up with sports at all, which is why I had never known about this before- I get all I know from Anthony ), was that other teams do this thing to Shaq called "Hack-A-Shaq", where they purposely foul Shaq to make him shoot free-throws because he sucks SO bad at it. I couldn't stop laughing! Not sure why it is so funny to me! I guess it may have something to do with how huge Shaq is, how long he's been playing in the NBA, and that that is something they can legally do. I mean, why does the Sun's coach put Shaq in the game so much? They foul him every chance they get! The other night, I think Shaq actually made 5 free-throws in a row! Wow- that's a first! Too funny.

No comments: