Thursday, February 28, 2008

Boy or Girl? That is the question!

We've got alot to catch you up on! We had my 4 month appt on Monday and were able to find out the sex! IT'S A GIRL! The sonogram was amazing to me because it was really the first time I've seen the baby. We saw a little blob at our first sonogram, but obviously there's not much to it at that time. So this was really fun and exciting. The sonographer had a little bit of a hard time finding that certain part of the body, but when she did, she knew right away. The baby moves alot! I can feel her all the time and seeing how much she moves on the screen really confirmed that that is what I am feeling!

She recorded the whole thing for us and gave us a DVD to take home. But when we got home from work and tried to watch it, it wouldn't work! Said it was a blank disk. So I called this morning, told them the situation and she said I could come in today to get it done again (they said another patient called saying the same thing and that they were having problems with their recorder - great!). Got home today, tried it again and it still doesn't work. We tried the disk on every DVD player we own in the house, each of our computers, the downstairs one, the upstairs one, the DVD burner, Anthony's PS3 Blueray, nothing! I was so bummed - for the second time - almost to tears. Yesterday, the baby was in a good position, showed her face alot, and we could really see alot of movement (after she showed us she was a girl, she crossed her legs). Today, she was in a much weirder position, I kept having to flip from side to side and even had to stand up and mash on my stomach. She finally came around, but she was alot more active today. Some things we saw today were: she opened her mouth right at the beginning (yawn?), she "waved" and opened her fingers, she had the hiccups, she was doing "breathing exercises" and she even showed us how flexible she is by bending herself in half and sticking her feet way up by her head! I guess all that yoga I've been doing is rubbing off on my little one! It was really cool to watch!

So the latest on the DVD sonogram fiasco! After the office/sonographer pretty much treated me like l was lying and taking advantage of that service (I guess she was assuming I was like one of those patients that continues to call back wanting more medication or something), without taking the initiative to investigate why they weren't working, I decided to go higher. So I looked online and found a problem/complaint number. I contacted the manager of that office. And this morning, the sonographer called me saying I was right, that she took a DVD or two home to test at her home and sure enough they didn't work. Apparently, she was forgetting to finalize the recordings. SO I have ANOTHER appt on Monday to get them either finalized or another sono done. I am glad I have been able to see my little girl so much though cause this office only does three sonos per pregnancy. I will try to post one on here in case anyone is interested. She is an active little thing!

Aside from all of this, I am feeling just great and I think pregnancy agrees with me (after the 1st tri). I am still not showing and I am 19 weeks along! I guess this is a good thing for afterwards. I will post another pic again soon. ~pr

2 comments:

Marta said...

So happy for you Pieper! Little girls are just so much fun!!!

Larissa said...

That's so sweet...you're going to love having a little girl! They are precious! I can tell that you are both soooo excited!