Friday, April 04, 2008

Update on Prego

First of all, I am just going to admit it... I am not a good blogger. As much as I want so much to be, it's not going to happen people. There is so much going on. Here is the latest update. :)

An update on the pregnancy- amazing, wonderful, textbook. I am truly lucky to have one this smooth. Below are a few pictures (I always hesitate to include pictures; not sure if people care, but here they are for those who do). This week is my 24th week and I am trying so hard to enjoy it and not dwell on the fact that it IS GOING BY WAY TOO FAST! It's so hard not to dwell though because seems like everytime I turn around, another week goes by and the countdown gets smaller and smaller. But I keep telling myself that I still AM pregnant right now, so enjoy it while it lasts. My favorite thing is feeling her moving, her little flutters and kicks. I can definately tell that she is getting bigger by the second because the movements are getting stronger and stronger.
20 weeks22 weeks24 weeks
I NEVER thought I would be on this natural child birth kick that I am on. Educating yourself really opens your eyes to alot of things you weren't aware of before. I haven't made any "final" decisions on my birth preference/plan, and want to really approach it as keeping my options open, but I am loving reading about it and mainly educating myself, instead of listening to society (the medical industry) and relying on everything you have been told, and hearing it as truth. It's hard because Anthony doesn't feel the same way I do about it, but he also hasn't been reading up as much as I have. Any advice, thoughts, or suggestions in this area? The Natural Mommy has a great view point of it and really made me think. I also have been wanting to watch this documentary that Ricky Lake did called "The Business of Being Born", about how the medical industry really is a business just like all others, with sadly, a primary concern of making money. I'm not saying they don't care about people, but it really makes you think about where the priorities are placed. My mother-in-law told me she had an epidural with Anthony and went natural with her second, stating how much better she felt after the birth with Brett than she did with Anthony. What is living in "hippie" Austin doing to me?? I guess when it has to do with your body, health and most importantly, your child, you change (or atleast stretch your mind beyond what you've been told or taught). And I'm down with that. :)

4 comments:

Marta said...

You look great!!! Soooo tiny... you hardly look prego at all! Glad that you are feeling so good!

Larissa said...

You look so cute, and by the way...I'm laughing right now, b/c I was told by a friend who was playing golf with Eric K. that while playing golf he got a call from a friend wanting to know if what I wrote on my blog was true. (about Nathan) I'm guessing by process of elimination that would be Anthony. It cracks me up!!! He said his wife reads my blog. :)

Hope y'all are doing good! Keep posting!!!

Larissa said...

Pieper, I am not mad at all!!! You can email me, but seriously, it was funny to me. Don't feel bad, there is nothing to feel bad about I promise!!! :) lleem23@yahoo.com

Zack & Monica said...

Congratulations! We are both having little girls! How fun!?!