Sunday, July 09, 2006

One Year Down

On July 2, Anthony and I celebrated one year of being married. It has gone by so fast and we have been blessed with so much this past year. We have been through alot of adjustments getting used to married life, but they all have been worth it. Being married is great and very fulfilling as well as rewarding. My favorite part about being married is (I know, this will sound cliche but), knowing that I get to come home everyday to my husband and he to me. It is a deep breath of fresh air to know that his hugs are waiting for me when I get home. I also love the idea that we are a team...we are in this game of life together. We are our own family and that is really a sweet and intimate privilege. I am excited about the year(s) to come to find out where life takes us.

Celebrating our first year, we took a weekend trip to San Antonio. We left Friday morning (June 30) and spent the day at Sea World. It was fun, although hot. It was a great time to spend together, just him and me. After Sea World, we headed to our hotel, the famous and historical La Mansion, on the Riverwalk in the heart of San Antonio. We stayed there Fri and Sat night. Saturday, we had a nice and relaxing day. We walked to the Alamo and also visited Louis Tussaud's Wax Museum. The museum was kind of cool, but not worth the money. Sunday morning, we had reservations for brunch at Las Canarias, a restaurant well known in the San Antonio area for it's romantic atmosphere and it's upscale bruncheon spread. The brunch was not just any brunch, each table had two waiters tending to our every need and the food served in a buffet style that reminded me of an extremely fancy wedding reception. Each time we would get up, they would clear our plates from the table and fold our napkins over the backs of the chairs until we returned to our seats with more food. We sipped Mimosas while listening to a classical guitarist play beneath us. Our reservations were at 10:30 and we didn't leave until 12 noon. It was great and so romantic. As we headed back into the Austin area, we stopped at the Natural Bridge Caverns. We had an awesome first anniversary with alot of quality time to spend together. I can't believe it already over, but I will remember it always.

6 comments:

Lauren said...

Yum! It looks like you had a great anniversary weekend. Scott and I stayed La Mansion during part of our honeymoon. It is an awesome hotel!

We did the wax museum too, and I agree about it not being worth it. However, we also went to the Ripley's Believe It or Not museum and that was really cool! Maybe you can do that one another time :)

Congratulations on your anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you both. I'm very proud to be the father of the bride! I love you very much....

Robby and Lynsey said...

Congrats on one year! That is such a sweet feeling, isn't it?!?! I am so glad you had a good time. Robby and I had planned a trip to Dallas for our 1 year and as soon as we got to the hotel, I started throwing up ... all weekend long! It was AWEFUL! But then again - I, too, will remember that anniversary forever! ;)

And I never commented back - but I think of all you Stewart girls while Jazzercising! Although i never got to have class with your mom - Shirley got me hooked. (I still have fond memories of all her crazy workout gear!) I'm sure I would have loved your mom's class just the same. I had so much fun in that class with all of you at LCU!!

Neena said...

Congrats on one year. That is exciting. It seems like you had a great trip.

Jenny said...

Conrats on your first year!!
I know what you mean about time going by quickly. I am glad to see that you guys are doing great.

Your trip sounds great. You know I have never been to San Antonio. New Braunfels is as close as I've gotten.

Tell Anthoy HI!

Love Ya!

P.S. I do remember your mom's Jazzecise classes. I think my mom would go to a few of them. I just remember bad 80's music!!

the Kimberlins said...

Ah, that sounds so wonderful! What a great way to spend your anniversary, I am so glad that the two of you took that time out to celebrate your marriage...its so important and so fun! Congrats. Love you.