Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Has This Ever Happened To You?

I was leaving work for the day and needed to pee. I stopped in the front bathroom of our lobby which is just a "one-staller." As I am literally, in the middle of business, and I hear a very faint voice "Piep?" "Sister?" "Hello?" I'm thinking- "What in the world? That sounds like Mal (my sister)". But it was so quiet, I am surprised I actually heard it...then again, we you sit on the potty, there is really nothing else to listen to. Then, I realilze the voice is coming from my purse, and it's Mal on my cell phone. But I never answered my cell phone. Then I say, "Mal? Is that you? from the throne, mind you. And I could hear her say, "Yea, it's me, can you hear me?" And I go, "Oh my gosh! Hang on a minute, I'm in the bathroom!" I am yelling this so she can hear me. After I am through, I reach in my purse to get my phone. She had been on there for 40 seconds, asking if I was there! Somehow, a credit card got lodged in between it while it was closed. But I guess it was open enough to answer when she called. It was the most bizarre thing ever. I told her and the receptionist what had happened and we all died laughing in amazement at the thought of me peeing and hearing someone calling my name.

2 comments:

the Kimberlins said...

OH that is too funny! I have had people call me and not know it so that I can faintly hear their conversation...but I have never heard it in the bathroom. :) So funny!

Neena said...

That has never happened to me either. That's really funny. I was laughing.