Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Country Clubbing


We are thinking about joining a country club. It is called Onion Creek Country Club and is well-known in the golf community because the course was designed by two Masters' champions- Demaret and Connolly. This is SO more Anthony than it is me, but he mainly wants to join to be involved with Tennis, Golf and Basketball. There are yoga, pilates and stretching classes I can attend, but only on Saturday mornings. The other classes are held weekdays for the retired women during mid-morning when I am at work. Anthony is planning to go to their Cardio Tennis workout this Saturday morning. It is tennis drills to music. I am going to go to watch- and that should be fun in and of itself. I, of course, can enjoy the pool, which will be nice...especially cause summer is pretty much here. They have several events in a typical month that we are hoping to be involved in. I am only adamant because of our ages. Although the main demographic is 49+, apparently there has been an increase in memberships of people our age, or atleast that is what she says so she can sell us on the idea. We went to a tennis mixer a few weeks back and met quite a few couples that actually live in our neighborhood. I think it will be fun....but we'll see if our hopes of it become reality.

1 comment:

Neena said...

That's exciting. In our community we have a community center that everyone has a free membership if you live in Anthem. It has a little water park and a huge pool with the tennis courts, basketball courts, work out center, and the classes. We really like it, but we don't have to pay for it so it's great. I hope it works out for you.