Thursday, April 27, 2006

Best Friends Reunion


For a very long time, I had not seen or spoken to my best friend from AZ. We met in 6th grade at our junior high orientation. We parted in middle school because she moved across town. But we always kept in touch for a while until we started going our different directions in high school. I think the last time I spoke with her was sometime my junior yr in hs (1997ish). Last summer, Lindsey, contacted me. What prompted her was she had been visiting family in the north and had a layover in Dallas. Sitting in the airport, she told her fiance that she thought of me often and knew I had to be in TX since I went to school here. Since I got married last year, I had a wedding homepage on theknot.com and this is how she tracked me down. Plus, I guess Pieper isn't exactly the most common name that is googled. We were re-acquaitened with eachothers lives~ but it was literally like we had never been apart. That's how you know you really connect as friends! She said she was a teacher and was getting married in Nov (last yr). I made plans to go to her wedding and it was the best reunion ever. Now we keep in touch over email since shes still in AZ. She's great and we are still the same. She said her mom had just brought over some of her old boxes that were in storage and she found a bunch of notes I had written her. We used to use alot of those acronyms (is that what you call them?)... like ILYLAS (I love you like a sister) and ILYH (I love your hair- what? the big bang poof?) and URAQT (you are a cutie). Reunions are the greatest! Luv ya Linz! (like a friend) (I used to write that one on our notes too!) fun times.

3 comments:

Neena said...

Those are great times when you reconnect with people. That is so exciting.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»