Sunday, September 05, 2010

What's in a Name?


"PPffttt if I know!"

Why is naming a child so hard, but then again can be so easy? With Olivia, it was easy. I had always known I wanted to name my daughter Olivia. I babysat for a sweet little family while in high school. The baby of the family was named Olivia and her older brother, I remember, would talk sweet baby talk to her and call her "Baby Livi" and I my heart melted. I fell in love with the name, Olivia. And so it was easy.

This time, my challenge has been finding a name I love just as much as Olivia. The name, Olivia, and the memory that is attached to it, is what I am comparing all other names with. I also want something a little different, and not trendy. One of my pet peeves is trendy names. I have a love for the old-fashioned names. And so, there is ONE name that comes close. Except Anthony doesn't love it. (Of course!) SO that's what is holding us back. I truly think he will let me name her that if it comes down to it, but I will always have it in the back of my mind that he didn't love it before she was born. Once she grows into the name and IS that name, I know he will love it and won't be able to imagine her as any other. So, without further ado.. I will list a few names that we like a lot, in no particular order. We like to keep the element of surprise in there, so that is why they are in no particular order. My favorite is in here. His favs are in here. We are pretty much decided on her middle name, which is mine, Renee. But all of that could change!! Element of surprise, people! Gotta keep it alive.


Our short list (or not-so-short list) of for-the-most-part-really-old-fashioned names:
Reese Renee
Camille "Millie" Renee
Lilah Renee
Clara Renee
Annie Renee
Amelia "Millie" Renee
Elyn Renee (ee-lyn) (yes like Tiger Woods Elin)
Charlotte Renee

I don't know what to do! I like too many! Livi doesn't know what to do either. She is obviously thoroughly confused, just like her mama.

post signature

No comments: