Saturday, June 12, 2010

A Long Time Ago...

This is a post I started a long time ago, but never posted it. So I will finish it!

I've been up since 5:30 - well technically, laying in bed since 4:15. Lovely pregnancy sleeplessness. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Thank you, body, for trying to prepare me for what's in store when the baby arrives, but, no thank you. I know what's in store for when she gets here, I'll take my sleep now, thanks.

So we've been crazy busy like always. Here are a few things that have happened in our world just recently...

Jack and George have come and gone. Yes, they both went into their chrysalises and emerged beautiful black swallowtail butterflies about 10 days later. It was a neat sight to see. If you ever have the opportunity to "do" one, you should. Especially with your little ones. In this picture, you can see the yellowy green chrysalis the butterfly just emerged from, as well as the other brighter green one in which the other one was still in. It is odd and amazing all in one how they tie themselves to a stick with only two small strings. If you look hard enough you may can see them. I put a strawberry in the bottom for nectar, but I don't think he ever needed it.

Then we released him. In the second picture if you look directly above the satellite dish on the other house, you can see a tiny black speck- that's the butterfly entering the real world.


And in the meantime, we traveled to West Texas to see family and for a friends wedding. Olivia had a ball visiting her great grand parents - MamaFaye and DaddyBob. We enjoyed taking her to feed the ducks.
Here are a few pics of that:



A few more catch up posts to come....

post signature

No comments: