Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Tuckered



We are all tuckered from the Easter festivities from over the weekend. You'd think she'd have recovered yesterday, but apparently not! (I will post Easter pictures as soon as they are emailed to me - I forgot my camera - can you believe it!?)

She fell asleep in the car only about 5 minutes from the grocery store and it crossed my mind to take her home to nap, but I thought "nah, she'll wake up when I get her out". Well, I got her out (..still asleep), walked in (..with her still asleep on my shoulder), put her in the cart and she woke up briefly, but then she started nodding off and her little head kept falling forward, so I propped my purse and told her to lay down, and she didn't fight it one bit. I even was able to take my phone outta my purse while she was on it, without waking her - this was just too precious a moment to pass up (and no one would believe me if I told them she was asleep in the grocery cart). She only stayed asleep for about 20 minutes though. But I was able to shop, sample cheese, crackers and cookies all by myself and I didn't have to share at all! I even think she will take her full nap this afternoon (now).

It's times like these that I adore being her little momma. Just cause she's so cute.

post signature

2 comments:

Unknown said...

She sure is sweet! Life won't be so hard on her when the next baby is born.

Jackie said...

Naomi has done that to me before. I have shopped one-handed with a sleeping kid on my shoulder at least twice. It's not exactly fun, but it sure is funny :)