Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Bah Humbug!


Bah Humbug
Today is Tuesday and I am supposed to do a post on Christmas traditions new and/or old. Last week was my new vintage ornament books that I just adore so much. But since I am way too busy, I guess today's post will be on something that I don't love so much about the holidays. The feeling of being overwhelmed. Bear with me while I vent!

The holidays are supposed to be a time of cheer and good tidings, right!? Well, then how come I feel so overwhelmed with things to get done? And it's funny cause the holidays sure do bring out the "rude-ness" in people. I mean just driving can stress me out with having to deal with all the crazies- trying to get things crossed off their list too. I have always enjoyed Christmas time and fun, family and traditions it brings along with it. I just wish it were more simple. And less expensive. Why do we buy presents again? I feel like this has gone way too far overboard. Don't you? I am supposed to send a "wish list" today. I don't have a wish list. I don't have time to make wish lists. I am too busy making other lists- of things that need to get done. I have one wish- a chaotic free, clean house. And a chef. And an assistant. So, maybe I do have a wish list. The only problem is... it's not realistic! I love my schedule and routine. I love order. I love the holiday feel, both Thanksgiving and Christmas, but it interrupts my day to day routine, and it's hard on me. I wish I weren't like that, but I am. I accept it!

Ok, enough of that complaining! As we drove back into town last week from Thanksgiving, I immediately noticed how vibrantly beautiful the trees in our neighborhood and backyard are. The changing tones of the leaves are just stunning. Glittery golds, reds, greens and yellow are enough to cheer me right up! Hope your week is going well!










post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about the stress and chaos at Christmas. It would be better without gifts for everyone but the kids. ;)