Sunday, November 29, 2009

Home from the Holidays

We got home from Thanksgiving with Anthony's family in Houston just a few hours ago. I just realized I didn't take ONE picture with my camera the whole time. I guess I just think of it like a break from pictures, since I take so many of them on a day to day basis. I did, however, take one or two with my phone, so you won't completely have to go without this time! This is of her yesterday playing outside. It was a bit chilly!

We had a great Thanksgiving! We left Tuesday night and embarked on the 3 hour car ride. And Olivia decided she was on strike from sleep. She stayed awake the ENTIRE trip. We purposely left around her bed time too, so she would, in fact, sleep in the car. She acted ok, didn't cry too much, but I was amazed at how she stayed awake. She has never done that before! We hung out on Wednesday, then on Thanksgiving Day, we went to Anthony's grandparents for Thanksgiving dinner. It was fun to visit and eat!

On (Black) Friday, Olivia, Linda (Ant's mom) and I ran some errands but made a point not to "black friday shop". She just had a few things to do, so we went along for the ride. And since Anthony was pretty sick, he was going to be sleeping anyway. It was nice visit time with just us girls. We spent the rest of the day at the house, just hanging out. I went on a bike ride with some of their neighbor kids. Then later that evening, Linda, Maegan (Anthony's brother, Brett's girlfriend), Bethany (neighbor) and I went out to eat for Mexican food, then to a Christmas play, while the guys stayed behind with the baby. It was great girl time again!

Saturday, us girls got out again, just in the morning and shopped at Hudson and Hubbell Market. Such a neat place and right up my alley! We met Maegan for lunch, then hung out at the house again. We ate dinner at home, then headed to the 8:35 showing of The Blind Side. And, wow! What a great movie and inspiring story!! The best movie I've seen in a LONG time. Then today, we got up early for early church, ate brunch at The Egg and I and then headed back home.

We had a relaxing break with yummy food and great people. How was yours!?

post signature

No comments: