Monday, September 14, 2009

Flash Dance

This is the coolest thing! My thought during the first 30 seconds was this, "The girl in the front row is REALLY enthusiastic! Either the people standing around here have NO idea who the Black Eyed Peas are or SHE is their #1 fan!" Watch their faces! After you watch the video, then read my take on it below!



This is called a flash mob. Wikipedia defines it as follows: A flash mob is large group of people who assemble suddenly in a public place, perform an unusual action for a brief time, then quickly disperse. You may remember seeing or hearing about the flash mob in Grand Central Station where a mob of people froze for about five minutes in the midst of everyone else? If not, watch it here!



I mean, can you imagine!? Imagine seeing this and racking your brain trying to figure out what was going on! I would've been a little freaked out I think. But at the same time, I think it'd be fun to be on the other side of it, seeing people's reactions and such; like the guy who poked that one girl or the man trying to get his cart through who was getting a little angry trying to figure out what was going on. But if I were on the other side, one of the one's performing the stunt, I'd bust out laughing- especially if someone was poking at me, looking close into my eyes, or honking a horn from behind me! So, yea it would require a lot of practice and self discipline to not burst out in giggles!

But, I would have LOVED to dance in the Oprah show flash mob! Given that dancing is something I used to love to do in my childhood and school years, (I still do, just don't get to much- ha!) this would've been a nice revisit of that. If I would've known about this opportunity, I probably would've made every effort to try to get involved- how cool, right!?!?! I like how even Oprah wasn't aware of it. As the dancing group contined to get larger and larger, my mind kept thinking, "Oh they hired some dancers to be in the audience- that's cool.." But then when the ripple of dancers got as large as the ENTIRE audience, I was like, "How'd they do that!?" Oprah gave a little segment about how they pulled it off. You can view it here:





post signature

No comments: