The crib we had her in was actually my crib when I was a baby, redone of course. But, the sides of it were "broken" to where they would not come up and lock, as most cribs do. So this crib was great for her newborn stage up until now. The reason why it's no longer serving it's purpose? Because I walked into her room on Valentine's Day to find this:
Not sure if you can really tell in the picture, but she is up on her knees looking over the side of her crib. So, at 4 pm on V-Day, after she woke up from her nap, we drove 30 miles to IKEA to look at a crib we saw online, no-frills to it, just basic. The reason we decided to buy a whole new one was because after considering buying new hardware to fix the sides so they'd stay up, we were unsure if 1.) there were any parts compatible to the 27 yr. old we were using 2.)how long it would take for them to arrive to our house after ordering & 3.) we would be able to put it all together...and fast. Her safety was our #1 concern. So we got the crib, and put it together that night. Although not in time for her bedtime that night, we knew we'd have it ready for her to use the next day. Atleast, that's what we thought. So the next day, we tried to get it in her room and, lo and behold, it wouldn't fit through the door! So, we were forced to take it all apart and re-put it back together inside her room. In the meantime, I go in her room today and see this (notice the progression..):
Needless to say, we had her in her new crib tonight. We, of course, just want her safe. And as I am typing this, she has awoken and noticed she is in a different bed. In tears, I can tell she is completely frustrated. She just figured out how to possibly get outta that thing and now, she's got to start from square one. Lower to the ground, can't see to floor, and higher bars all around! And now she can't go back to sleep, the poor dear, stewing in the frustration. She's so funny- little miss personality (and such a strong-willed one too)! Crawling and pulling-up all in one week, wow! I'm sure she will be moving at lightning speed from here on out. 'Til next time...

3 comments:
Oh wow! What a character! I'm glad y'all got her a new bed so she can stay safe. Just watch out...if she's this advanced now you may be looking for a crib tent by the age of 14 months! My Branson started climbing out of his crib at 14 months and was definately not ready for a big bed. I was terrified that he would break his neck, but luckily after hours of searching on-line, I found a "crib tent" and it saved our lives! ;) Olivia is a sweetie!
It all happens so quickly doesn't it! I just can't believe it. I am glad that you found another crib so fast.
LIVI!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your momma is going to go crazy!
Wow, that is so exciting. Before you know it, she's going to be pulling at your leg saying, "Mommma up!" ;)
Post a Comment