Long time no see! Same ol' excuse- so busy! We've had a great holiday season, a fun Thanksgiving with my side and a great Christmas with Anthony's side. Olivia first holiday season went off without a hitch. Okay, well, not exactly- she's taken a step back in the sleep department, but hopefully that will fix itself soon. And because of that, I need to hit the hay very soon, so my post won't be a long one. Just wanted to share a few things...
After Livi was born, I started pumping since I was unsure if I was going to be going back to work or not. So when she 7 weeks, I began pumping and freezing milk for her. Now, I have so much, never using any of it since I decided to stay home with her. So, I researched Mother's Milk, which is based here in Austin and I have decided to donate it. It is awesome because they use these donations to feed premature or ill newborn babies. What an awesome way to help, I thought! I may just continue to donate. I am supposed to receive a call tomorrow, so once I donate I will let you know how it all went! If you want more information on donating, click here!
Another thing I'd like to share, is that Olivia is 2 weeks away from turning 6 months! And we will soon be introducing foods like pureed fruits and veggies and baby cereal alongside our normal breastfeeding. But I've decided that I am going to sacrifice the convenience of commercial pre-processed baby food for quality freshness and make her homemade baby food. But I won't stop there. I believe organic fruits and veggies are best. I've come across a great website that I am going to use as our main source. You can view it here. In addition, I bought the book Top 100 Baby Purees by Annabel Karmel as a recipe guide. I am very excited and will update you as I go, along with pictures of her first tastes! Happy New Year everyone!

2 comments:
You and your family look so cute and happy!! And you appear to have lost all baby weight...not that there was much to begin with!
I'm so impressed by your choices to donate the breast milk AND make your own baby food. AWESOME JOB!
XO,
Deanna
I love those pictures; Olivia is getting so big so fast! I, too, made the decision to make my own baby food and I love it! I hope it works out great for you!
Post a Comment