
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Announcement
So I'd like to announce something to you all. It was a very hard decision for Anthony and I, especially with Olivia here with us now. And it is... that I am officially a Stay-At-Home mommy! Did ya think I was gonna say something different? hehe! Anyway, I was supposed to go back to work last week after having 12 weeks leave under FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act). But, after contemplation, I decided to stay at home with Olivia. This was a semi-tough decision with our economy the way it is. I say semi-tough because the only thing that made it tough was the fact that our income would be lowered. The tough part wasn't deciding if I wanted to go back to my job, because frankly I didn't. So to get the best of both worlds, staying at home with Livi and still finding ways to bring in income, I have been working with another friend of mine and I guess you could say we have started our own little business. It is an accounting business where we work with small businesses in the Austin area helping them get their books caught up and organized, usually using Quickbooks. We have great marketing resources and so far have been able to find about 5 clients or so. She works full time, but is responsible for meeting with and landing the clients. My responsibility is their books, which is fairly easy work that can be done from my home. She has many more years experience in accounting, so is able to guide me along if I need it. This is great since tax time right is right around the corner and hopefully we will be landing more clients and work. If you know of a small business needing accounting help, but they may not have the funds to hire a full-time person, have them contact me at: accountabilitybooks@gmail.com! Now, to close, I'll leave you with a few of the latest pics of baby girl!





Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi!
I wanted unique Christmas stockings as well. My mother in law sews, so I got lucky! I found some stockings that I liked on horchow.com (go look!) and she copied them, using fabric I chose. Send me your email address and I'll email you a picture that has our stockings in it. The picture is black and white, but maybe it will give you an idea. I wanted a "curled toe" stocking so it was a little funky, but still traditional. Talk to you soon!
Congratulations on your new "job" as stay-at-home mom! I know from experience that you'll NEVER regret it! You just can't get this time back and it's so good for the kids too. ;)
Post a Comment