One of the craziest thing about expecting a child, I think, is the amount of questions you are bombarded with. So I decided to answer the most common ones here in a post!
Pregnancy:
How did you tell Anthony you were pregnant? Well, he knew that I had suspected around Thanksgiving. I took a test before the holidays, but it came back negative, so I waited another week. I took the test 1st thing when I got up one morning after the holidays were over. I took it in and woke him up by saying, "Does that look like a pink line to you?" He said "Yea I think so!" I think we were both in disbelief until we went to the doctor and saw the embryo (and heard the heatbeat!) on the ultrasound. I think we didn't want to get our hopes up too high in case it wasn't. But that definatley confirmed it for us!
Favorite part of pregnancy? Energy level, emotional state (so happy), and feeling her move & kick, seeing her on ultrasound, & everything I've learned in the process. Pretty much the whole experience- definitely the best yet of my life.
Least favorite part? 1st tri, although I had it pretty good, the nauseousness and the few emotionally bad days I had, the anticipation of it all (the labor and birth, our birth plan) and all the questions, comments and suggestions people freely give.
What will you miss most about pregnancy? It being just her & I together, and feeling her move in my belly.
What cravings have you had? lemonade, nutella crepes, cinnamon rolls, doughnuts, Amy's mexican vanilla ice cream, pretty much any junk food or chocolate!
Labor and Birth:
Epidural or none? Love this one! Hehe. We'll see.. more on this later.
Who is going to be at the birth? Anthony and our doula. No plans for other family, just us.
After baby is born:
Bottle or breast-feeding? Breast.
Cloth or paper diapers? Most likely cloth. (There's a great delivery service we wanna try- priced very competitively with paper diapers.)
How much time will you get off from work? 12 weeks.
Will you go back to work? I am waiting to see how I feel then... there's no way to decide now. That's the beauty of FMLA.
Have you decided on a name? Yes but I will surprise you!
What will you miss the most about life without any kids? The freedom to do whatever our hearts desire.
What are you most anxious about when she's born? Breastfeeding and pretty much, the first three months!
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I loved all your answers. I'm glad things are going well and I can't wait to see this little girl and find out what her name is.
Post a Comment