Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Yummy Homemade Nachos

Here's some Mexican food before all the turkey! Tonight, I made nachos and Anthony LOVED them. Probably cause I did more than sprinkle cheese on some chips. He specifically said I need to make note of what I did so I can make them for him again- yay! That's what I'm talkin' about- haha! Heres what I did / "recipe"!

Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (small-medium sized - depending on how many you are feeding)
small amount of Cilantro
1/2-1 lime
Tostito's Restaurant Style white corn chips
Ranch style Pinto beans with jalapenos
Cheese (mexican style or monterrey jack mix)
Guacamole (recipe below)
Simple salsa (recipe below)
Sour cream

Salt and pepper chicken breasts and chop up the cilantro. Place chicken and cilantro into a ziploc baggy. Squeeze the lime juice into the bag and onto chicken. Close bag and massage chicken with cilantro and juice until chicken is coated well. Stick in fridge and marinate about 4 hours. Cook chicken on grill after done marinating. Set aside.

Place chips in a single layer onto a foil lined baking sheet . I try to avoid layering the chips onto each other, so almost every chip gets topped with yumminess. Drain beans and sprinkle them evenly over chips. Sprinkle cheese on top. Slice chicken to your liking and place slices over cheese. Broil nachos until cheese is melted and bubbly and chips are slightly golden. Let nachos rest a few minutes. Then top with guacamole, salsa, and sour cream. Enjoy!

Simple salsa
bunch green onions
bunch cilantro
2-3 jalapenos
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 lime
1/2 lemon
salt
pepper
Rough chop onions, cilantro and jalapenos and pulse in blender or food processor (depending on how "chunky" you like your salsa). Add tomatoes, lemon, lime juice and salt and pepper to taste. Pulse until blended together. Chill 6 hours before serving.

Simple guacamole
1 avocado
garlic salt to taste

Mix together with a fork until guac is smooth.

1 comment:

Life in the Herman House said...

ok, that looks awesome!! Thanks for the recipe!! :)

Thanks for the post on our blog, it was great to hear from you!!