Monday, September 04, 2006

Birthday Fun!

Thursday (Aug 31) was my birthday. It was a really good day! Anthony gets so excited about these type of occasions and when there is gift giving involved, he is just as excited, if not, more excited than the special person of the day. I was getting ready for work that morning and I was in the bathroom. Anthony was still asleep, but I hear him yell to me, "Pieper, come here and open your present..." I usually like to save my presents until the end of the day~ I don't know why, I just like to "savor" the day as much as possible. But I cave and open his present. Glad I did because it was clothes and I was able to wear them for my birthday outfit. He did really good!! About a month ago, we were walking in the mall and we passed White House Black Market. I saw this super gorgeous knit top in the window and mentioned how much I liked it. Of course, it was too expensive for a buy on the whim. He remembered that and got it for me for my birthday. I was really surprised and it was my most favorite gift! Honestly, Anthony is never one to give boring gifts. He always does a great job.

I was, however, a little sad though. I wanted to go and see "Little Miss Sunshine" after work. When I got home, Anthony and I both layed down on the couch and fell asleep! We didn't wake up until 8:30 that night. When I woke up, I was so disappointed that I let myself fall asleep. I was exhausted though because Wednesday night, Alicia and I stayed up at the church building decorating our classroom until midnight. It caught up to me for sure. But it ended up being fine. Not that big of a deal I guess. Last night after church, one of my girlfriends, Kristin, hosted a little birthday dessert get-together at her house. She had key lime pie and tres leches cake. Everyone sang Happy Birthday to me and we just had a great time doing what we do best- chatting! Thanks, Kristin, Alicia, Sabrina, Stephanie, Makeisha for the b-day fun fest~ ya'll are the bestest friends...I love you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A belated happy birthday! Maybe Anthony can give us some clothing purchase tips sometime.